Welcome to the Institute of Nuclear Physics
The Institute of Nuclear Physics (INP) of the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, established in 1957, is a leading scientific organization in the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of nuclear physics and solid state physics, radioecological research, nuclear and radiation technologies. INP has a major scientific-technological and production potential: 4 large base experimental facilities (nuclear reactor WWR-K, isochronous cyclotron U-150M, electrostatic accelerator UKP-2-1, industrial electron accelerator ELV-4), 22 scientific-research laboratories and scientific-technological center with advanced analytical and testing equipment. The INP staff includes approximately 700 people, including about 75 PhD and PhDs candidates.
Main interests of the Institute
- Fundamental and applied research in nuclear physics, accelerator physics, solid state physics, material science, radioecology, nuclear and radiation safety, radiochemistry
- Development of methods and technologies of radiation treatment of materials, production of radioisotopes, ion-plasma synthesis of coatings, EPR-dosimetry, analysis of composition, structure and properties of materials, handing of radioactive waste
- Provision of services for radioecological monitoring, handling of ionizing radiation sources, handling of radioactive waste, analysis of composition, structure and properties of materials, radiation sterilization, planning of nuclear energy usage facilities, training of specialists in the field of radiation safety
- Production of radioisotopes, radiopharmaceuticals, sealed radiation sources for industry and medicine, radiation crosslinked polymer materials
INP is the executor of major government investment programs
- Establishment of the Interdisciplinary scientific-research complex on the base of heavy ion accelerator in Astana’s L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University
- Establishment of the Nuclear Medicine and Biophysics Center on the INP base in Almaty
- Establishment of the Nuclear Park of Technologies in Kurchatov
The INP conducts scientific-research works on the Republican budget programs, as well as on contracts with international organizations (IAEA, ISTC, NATO, JINR, e.t.c) and companies with different forms of ownership in both the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad. Constant study of dynamically developing market, purposeful work on the creation of new types of production and high quality services was confirmed by certificates of INP quality management system’s compliance with international standard ISO 9001-2000.